Q & A with Auburn Track and Field Athlete Shamar Sands
Track Q&A with Shamar Sands
By: Kimberly Shumack
1. Describe your most memorable track moment.
“My most memorable moment was in Kingston, Jamaica when I won a bronze medal in the World Junior Championships in 2000.”
2. How has your cousin, former Auburn standout jumper Leevan Sands, influenced you?
“He has been a big influence in my life. Because we are both from the Bahamas, we want to represent our nation well, and he has taught me how to do that.”
3. What do you want to do with your accounting degree?
“The typical answer would be to make money, which I want to do, but I want to balance that with a family life.”
4. What do you miss most about the Bahamas?
“The weather and the beaches, but of course, I miss my family the most.”
5. If you could swap places with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
“P. Diddy, because he has it going on.”
6. What is your favorite TV show?
“I like to watch football, especially on Fox Sports.”
7. What is something that no one knows about you?
“I played basketball in high school. I was pretty good but not good enough for the college level.”
8. What is your favorite food?
“Bar-be-que ribs and macaroni and cheese.”
9. What is something everyone should do at least once in their life?
“Go to the Bahamas.”