Skip to main content Skip to footer


Home | Prospective Students | Current Students | International Students | Alumni


Internship/Post Graduate

Possible Employment Authorizations

  • Curricular Practical Training (CPT): Generally for internships
    • Must be degree applicable and required by program
    • Valid for up to 1 year
    • Follow above link for application & deadlines.
    • For information regarding available internship opportunities, contact Janice Robinson in AuburnYOU's Student-Athelte Enhancement department
  • Optional Practical Training (OPT): Off campus employment for 12 months after completion of academic program
    • Must be in students' field of study
    • Can apply starting 90 days prior to the date you will graduate and up to 60 days after graduation.
    • Must secure employment within 90 days of OPT approval
    • Valid for 1 year
    • Associated Cost;
      • $390(Auburn University Fee) + $410(Homeland Security Fee)
    • Once applied for, student cannot leave country until approved
    • Follow above link for application and required documentation.
  • H-1B Visa (Specialty Occupation): Employer to sponsor the applicant, student must have acquired a U.S. Bachelors Degree or its equivalent and the job must be in the student's field of study.
    • Valid for 3 years and can be extended.

Graduate School

  • Student must first apply for Grad School
  • Once accepted, Carol Lovvorn will process new 1-20.

Social Security Number


Contact Carol Lovvorn at the International Office for any Visa and Employment questions:

Carol Lovvorn
International Student Advisor
Fax: 334-844-4983
Phone: 334-844-7128

Janice Robinson
Coordinator of Student-Athlete Enhancement

Buy Tickets

BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE! is your home for buying tickets to Auburn athletic events.

Auburn Tigers
Official Store


Shop for your favorite items at the Auburn Tigers Official Online Store.

Tigers Unlimited, Join Today! Click for more information