Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Get to know Auburn Student-Athlete Advisory Committee representatives with SAAC Spotlight Series:
Hometown: Johns Creek, Ga.
Sport: Women's Basketball
SAAC position - Secretary
How has SAAC helped you to develop as a leader?
SAAC has helped me to get out of my comfort zone and work with athletes from other teams, as well as tackle issues that affect student-athletes across the board. It has taught me how to communicate and prioritize, as well as go outside the box and see problems and solutions from all angles.
What is your major and what do you plan on doing with it when you graduate?
Major: Marketing. I don't have a set plan for post-graduate. However, I would love to stay in sports and use marketing, as well as the skills I've gained from being a Division I student-athlete. I'm also considering potentially playing basketball overseas for a few years.
What advice would you give a freshman student-athlete?
To a freshmen student-athlete: Set goals for yourself early on and work toward achieving them over your 4 years by taking advantage of your resources at Auburn. Also, branch out early and make friendships outside of your team and outside of athletics…don't wait until your senior year to experience all that Auburn has to offer.
If you were on a deserted island, what three things would you take?
Deserted Island: My Bible, my keurig, & my mom
If you could go back in time and have dinner with anyone from history who would it be and why?
I would have dinner with Ruth from the Bible. I love her story and would love to get her thoughts on doing life and waiting on God's timing.
- Discuss and address the concerns of student-athletes
- Promote effective communication with the Auburn University Athletics Department Administration, coaches, staff, student-athletes and campus personnel
- Provide input on NCAA, SEC, and Auburn University policies
- Inform students on changes that affect the athletics program & student-athlete welfare
- Coordinate, implement and promote community service projects for all varsity teams
- Exhibit and encourage a cohesive student-athlete community
- Promote leadership development and opportunities
- Work in conjunction with the Student-Athlete Enhancement Program
- Assist with the planning and production of the annual AUSPY's Award Show
SAAC Executive Committee 2016-2017
President: Kullen Hlawek
Vice-President: Grant Schenk
Swimming & Diving
Secretary: Katie Boone Brooks
Track & Field
Treasure: Katie Ferking
Co-Publicity Coordinator: Macy Reece
Co-Publicity Coordinator: Sydne Waldrop
Co-Community Service Coordinator: Stephanie Campbell
Co-Community Service Coordinator: Reka Muller
Co-Community Service Coordinator: Cara Stricklin
Advisor: Janice Robinson
SAAC Toy Drive 2014
SAAC Student-Athlete Day
Clothing Drive Photo Gallery