Jimmy & Chris Pursell Student-Athlete Enhancement Program
Challenging Athletes' Minds for Personal Success
The Jimmy & Chris Pursell Student-Athlete Enhancement Program is dedicated to providing student-athletes with the personal and professional skills necessary for successful and productive futures by emphasizing critical thinking, career development, social engagement, leadership. The Student-Athlete Enhancement Program consists of five vital components:
- Academics Excellence
- Career Development
- Personal Development
- Community Service
- Leadership Development
W.I.N.G.S: Women Inspiring and Nurturing Greatness in Student-Athletes
W.I.N.G.S. is a group of professional women who support Auburn's women's athletics programs by actively engaging in programs designed to further enhance the overall experience for female-student-athletes. During the year, W.I.N.G.S. members participate in one to two career mentoring sessions with female student-athletes. The sessions are an opportunity for student-athletes to network with professionals in their field of interest.
Auburn Leadership Institute
The Auburn Leadership Institute (A.L.I.) has had a wonderful opportunity to merge with a newly student-developed program for the 2016-2017 academic year. As a result, a number of things with A.L.I. have changed. These changes include:
- There has been a change in program name - no longer referred to as A.L.I. but as CONNECT.
- CONNECT is student led, similar to SGA or SAAC.
- CONNECT is a more relaxed environment focused on connecting student-athletes to one another across sports while assisting them in transitional areas as newcomers.
- All communication to newcomer student-athletes throughout the semester will be carried out by upperclassmen group leaders.
- Attendance is still mandatory.
- There are no makeup meetings for those who miss the group session. Instead, student-athletes will meet with their leaders one-on-one.
- Two weeks after the group session, we will send you a list of student-athletes who don't meet with their leaders.
- Study table hours will still be awarded to those who attend CONNECT meetings at academic counselor's discretion.
As a reminder, student-athletes who started at Auburn in the Spring of 2016 are required to complete one more semester through the CONNECT program. These students will complete their requirements at the end of the fall semester.